Dr. Badar Aflah Salim Al Hadhrami is a consultant General surgeon with over 9 years of experience. Dr Badar got his B.Sc. in Health Science in 1999 from Sultan Qaboos Univerity, Oman and MD in 2003 also from SQU. Badar has done extensive post-grade education starting from his core program of Oman Medical Speciality Board followed by Diploma and Fellowship in Minimal access & Lap. Surgery in New Delhi, India. Followed by a Lap & upper GI fellowship in Salzburg Institution, Austria. He completed his MRCS in Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, Surgical training OMSB in Oman and then Fundamental Lap. Skills in Canada. He then carried out Lap. Bariatric surgery training in Yotsuya Medical Cube, Japan as well as an Upper GI fellowship in the well-known National Cancer Centre, Japan. Finally he acquired an acute care surgery/trauma fellowship at Mcgill University in 2014. He is now a highly sought after and well respected Senior registrar in Royal Hospital and SQUH.
• Member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
• Member of the International Federation of surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
• Member of the International Bariatric Club
• Member of Oman Medical Association, Board Member holding position of Treasure
• Medico-legal committee, board member, secretary (First and only committee giving legal help to doctors in public and private sectors and financial cover for lawyers office).